Tulsa Lack of Care Lawyer
Dedicated Legal Help for Tulsa Nursing Home Residents Hurt by Lack of Care
Levinson Law, P.C., is dedicated to helping victims hurt by lack of care in nursing homes in Greenwood, Tulsa, and across Northeastern Oklahoma. Nursing homes are obligated by contract, law, and morality to provide adequate care to their vulnerable residents. When nursing homes fail to satisfy their duty of care to residents, the results can be catastrophic. If you have a family member or loved one who has been harmed by the lack of care in a rehabilitation facility, nursing home, assisted living facility, or other long-term care facility, the Tulsa nursing home lack of care attorneys at Levinson Law, P.C., can help you seek just compensation.
The Rights and Expectations of Nursing Home Residents
Residents of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities are guaranteed certain rights and protections under Oklahoma and federal laws. If a nursing home fails to protect and provide for these rights, they may be liable for any damages caused by their lack of care. The duty of care owed by nursing home facilities to residents includes, but is not limited to, providing the following:
- Adequate and appropriate medical care, without discrimination based on the form of payment
- Proper nutrition and hydration
- Properly-trained staff twenty-four hours a day, sufficient to meet the needs of all residents in the facility
- Licensed, certified professionals providing care and medical assistance
- Proper security to protect against theft and physical harm
- Proper skincare, haircare, oral care, and other bodily hygiene
- Supportive devices for lying, sitting and walking
- Regular check-ups to ensure safety and health
- Turning bed-ridden residents regularly to prevent bedsores and other issues
- Clean linens, towels, and clothes
If a nursing facility fails to provide for any of these fundamental rights or responsibilities, they may be liable for any resulting harm. The nursing home lack of care attorneys at Levinson Law, P.C., can help you investigate nursing homes and other facilities to ensure that they are providing residents with proper care and attention. If they fail in their duty of care, our lack of care lawyers will work with you to explore your options for recourse.
Help With a Nursing Home Lack of Care Claim in Tulsa
Identifying a lack of care in a nursing home can be difficult, both to identify the injury and know how best to respond. Our firm will do everything we can to support you through this challenging and painful time. We will bring our years of nursing home negligence experience to bear in reviewing the facilities at your loved one’s nursing home and help you identify any gaps in their treatment or care. If we determine that the nursing home has failed to provide the care they owe to residents, we will work to ensure that you and your family are appropriately compensated for any injury or harm to your family. Please call Levinson Law, P.C., to set up a free initial meeting, or use our website’s convenient contact form for a prompt, private response to your questions. Let us help you protect your family and your rights.