Tulsa Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Experienced Tulsa Litigators Helping Injured Pedestrians Throughout Northeastern Oklahoma
Traffic accidents involving pedestrians generally end in serious injury or worse. When an incident involves a vehicle weighing a ton or more, the pedestrian is not usually going to get away unharmed. Pedestrians have just as much right to be on Oklahoma roadways as motorists, but they are at constant risk of harm from the negligence or recklessness of motor vehicle drivers.
If you were injured by a negligent driver while walking on the sidewalk or crossing the street, you have the right to recover damages for the harm you suffered. Likewise, if your loved one was killed while walking along a Tulsa road and someone else is to blame, you might be entitled to compensation. The Tulsa pedestrian accident lawyers at Levinson Law, P.C., can help you and your family recover the damages you are owed after your Oklahoma pedestrian crash.
How Do Pedestrian Accidents Happen?
Pedestrians are hit by drivers, motorcycle riders, and bicyclists every day. A variety of factors can lead to a pedestrian accident, and in the end, it is the pedestrian who is likely to suffer the most.
Some of the more common types of pedestrian accidents include the following:
- Passing accidents. An accident may be caused by a hurried driver who passes by a bus or other stopped vehicle without checking for exiting or crossing pedestrians.
- Turning and merging accidents. Drivers who are focused on turning or merging may fail to check for pedestrians, who can be harder to see than other vehicles.
- Dart-out accidents. Accidents may occur when a pedestrian unexpectedly darts out into the middle of the road, and the driver does not have the time to react. While this can be caused by a reckless pedestrian, it may also happen when a pedestrian legally enters a crosswalk, but a driver’s field of view was obstructed, and they fail to approach a crosswalk slowly.
- Intersection crashes. Pedestrians may try to cross a busy intersection without protection from a crosswalk or signal.
- Back-up accidents. Pedestrians may be hit in parking lots, driveways, or other places in which a driver backs up without adequately checking behind and around themselves.
- Food truck or other vendor accidents. Auto drivers must take extra care around buses, food trucks, and other mobile vendors where pedestrian traffic is likely.
Holding Negligent Drivers Liable for Pedestrian Accidents
All of the accidents listed above can result from the negligence of one of the parties involved. At Levinson Law, P.C., our Tulsa pedestrian accident attorneys are prepared to bring legal claims after injuries caused by, for example:
- Intoxicated drivers
- Speeding and other aggressive driving maneuvers
- Failure to yield
- Failure to check blind spots
- Distracted drivers
- Drowsy drivers
- Failure to signal
- Failure to take extra care in limited-visibility weather
The Oklahoma pedestrian accident lawyers at Levinson Law, P.C., have years of experience recovering damages for pedestrians and others injured in Tulsa and throughout Northeastern Oklahoma. Whatever the cause of your injury, we will investigate your claims, build your case, and ensure that the responsible parties are held liable for the harm they have caused.
Get Help from a Dedicated Tulsa Pedestrian Accident Attorney
If you’ve been injured in a pedestrian accident in Tulsa or throughout Northeastern Oklahoma, call Levinson Law, P.C., today to set up a free, no-obligation consultation. Whether you were hurt by a negligent driver, a reckless motorcyclist, or a careless bicyclist, Levinson Law, P.C., can help bring your claim for recovery. Our Tulsa Pedestrian accident lawyers are ready to hear your case and help you get the coverage you are owed for your injuries.