Tulsa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Experienced Tulsa Litigators Helping Victims of Motorcycle Crashes Throughout Northeastern Oklahoma
Motorcycles can be a fun, economical, and fuel-efficient alternative to driving a typical car or truck. Many people simply enjoy riding motorcycles more than driving a car. Motorcycles are, unfortunately, dangerous. In fact, motorcycle crashes are 28 times more likely to be fatal than other forms of motor vehicle crash. Motorcyclists are directly exposed to other vehicles, objects, and the road without a protective metal shell, and they must make split-second decisions to avoid catastrophic injury. Motorcycle riders have just as much right to be on Oklahoma roadways, but they are at the mercy of negligence or recklessness by any other drivers on the road, as well as to their own inexperience and mistakes.
If you were injured while riding a motorcycle due to another driver’s negligence, or if you were hurt in an accident caused by an aggressive or inexperienced motorcyclist, you have the right to recover damages for the harm you have suffered. Likewise, if your loved one was killed while riding a motorcycle and someone else is to blame, you might be entitled to compensation. The Tulsa motorcycle accident lawyers at Levinson Law, P.C., can help you and your family recover the damages you are owed after your Oklahoma motorcycle crash.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Nationally, over 5,000 people are killed each year in motorcycle crashes, and 90,000-100,000 more are injured. In 2018, in Oklahoma alone, 1,274 people were injured in motorcycle accidents. Eighty-nine people were killed across the state. According to reports from Oklahoma officials, the number of Oklahoma fatalities has remained relatively consistent over the past ten years.
Motorcycle crashes can be caused by a variety of factors, many of which overlap with the factors that lead to other vehicle accidents. At Levinson Law, P.C., our Tulsa motorcycle crash lawyers are ready to help injured victims recover damages for accidents caused by, for example:
- Aggressive tactics such as lane-splitting. Motorcycle riders like to skip traffic where possible; indeed, it is one of the benefits of riding. However, aggressive tactics such as lane-splitting, passing on the right, or speeding are likely to lead to serious injury, especially when performed by a less experienced rider.
- Door accidents. Drivers who open their doors while stuck in traffic or otherwise driving must make sure to check for motorcyclists before doing so. A sudden open door can trip a motorcycle rider or cause them to make an uncontrolled swerve, leading to an accident.
- Unexpected left turns. One of the primary causes of motorcycle crashes is auto drivers making unexpected and sudden moves without checking for bikers and without proper signaling. Motorcyclists need time to adjust, and drivers must always account for their blind spots when making sudden moves.
- Unsignaled lane shifts. Just like making unexpected turns, making an unsignaled and sudden lane shift can cause a biker to swerve or stop unexpectedly, leading to a crash.
- Driving or riding while under the influence. Drunk or intoxicated drivers, as well as intoxicated motorcycle riders, are significantly more likely to cause a catastrophic crash.
- Inexperienced riders. Motorcyclists must often make split-second decisions while on the road, and any failure can be fatal. A large proportion of the motorcyclists injured and killed every year are newer riders or riders who lack the proper license.
Trusted Help After Your Tulsa Motorcycle Accident
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident in Oklahoma, and that crash was caused by another person’s negligence or reckless behavior, you might have legal recourse. Whether you were riding your motorcycle, driving your car, or were simply a pedestrian on the road, you have the right to recover for the harm you have suffered. The Tulsa motorcycle crash attorneys at Levinson Law, P.C., will help you investigate your case, identify the cause of the crash, gather evidence, and work to maximize your recovery. You may be entitled to damages, including present and future medical care, lost income, pain and suffering, bike repairs/replacement, disability, emotional trauma, wrongful death, and more.
If you’ve been hurt in a motorcycle crash in Tulsa or throughout Northeastern Oklahoma, call Levinson Law, P.C., today to set up a free, no-obligation consultation. Our Tulsa motorcycle accident lawyers can travel to your location if you are unable to make it to our offices.